MONTEREY BAY AQUARIUM
The mission of the nonprofit Monterey Bay Aquarium is to inspire conservation of the ocean
We raise public awareness about sustainable seafood issues through our guides, website, appand outreach efforts. Since 1999, we've distributed over 56 million consumer guides and our free Seafood Watch App (available for iOS and Android) has been downloaded over 1.6 million times. A thousand businesses, with more than 100,000 locations across North America, reference Seafood Watch science to inform their purchasing decisions. More than 190 zoos, aquariums, science museums, nature centers and other nonprofit organizations partner with Seafood Watch to promote sustainable seafood messaging. Plus, restaurants, distributors, seafood purveyors and other businesses that are part of our business program commit to not serving “Avoid” items and to educate customers and colleagues about seafood sustainability.
The mission of Ocean Beauty is to deliver the safest and highest quality sustainable seafood products to the world.
- Producing food that is safe and wholesome is the most important thing we do.
- Accountability in all aspects of our business is how we earn the respect of the people and organizations we work with.
- A long-term approach is the most responsible way to operate.
- We strive to ensure a culture of sustainability throughout the organization.
- We support non-political scientific management as the basis for fisheries policies and management